1. Flute – This should be from a reputable music store. A rental instrument is fine as long as it is in playing condition, as tested by your teacher. Visit All-County Music for a great selection of instruments, both for rental and purchase.
2. Tuning rod - This will usually come with your instrument
3. Cleaning supplies, including a swab that goes inside the body of the flute, as well as a cloth for cleaning the inside of the headjont
4. Music stand
5. Metronome - I recommend one that will let you subdivide beats into eighth notes, sixteenth note, triplet, etc., such as this Korg TM-40 Digital Metronome and Tuner, which you will find at All-County Music
6. Tuner - Try the Korg TM-40 Digital Metronome and Tuner, which you will find at All-County Music
7. Lesson notebook – This will be important for you to write down what was discussed in lessons and keep a record of daily practice
9. Required books:
· Suzuki Flute Book 1& 2
· Rubank Elementary Method
· Standard of Excellence Books 1 & 2
· Rubank Book of Flute Solos
10. Optional – recording device
Questions? Comments? Contact us!